Master Star Weaver
Maryann Talia Pau is a weaving artist, Co Founder of One Billion Stars and Chief of Super Native Unlimited with her husband and Indigenous leader Mark Yettica-Paulson. Born in Samoa and raised in Auckland, Aotearoa New Zealand and Australia, Maryann and Mark are based on Quandamooka Country, Queensland Australia. Her arts practice is driven by collaboration with a focus on sharing stories and building resilient communities through Indigenous South Pacific Island / Pasifika weaving
Maryann has been weaving body adornment, facilitating workshops, collaborations and exhibiting work for over 10 years in major galleries and institutions, including the National Gallery of Victoria, Gallery of Modern Art, Artisan and the Institute of Modern Art Brisbane.
Her projects include:
- Fashioning the Mana. 2010. National Gallery of Victoria
- Mis-Design. Pacific Women’s Weaving Circle. University of Melbourne
- Craft Cubed. Artist in Residence with Emma Greenwood. Craft Victoria.
- Strength to Love. Artisan. Brisbane
- Island Fashion. Queensland Gallery of Modern Art and Holding Circle. Hummingbird House and Adderton House. Collaboration with Ranu James. Samoa. PNG/Australia
- Artist in Residence at architectus Brisbane Australia.
Maryann is passionate about mental health, the arts, community development and the environment.
Contact Maryann to speak or run a weaving workshop at your next corporate or community event.